These last few months I’ve been looking for two things: A really good TV connection deal and the perfect orange/ coral lipstick. Well, sadly my TV woes continue so this is obviously about the lipstick. This is my first ever review! Hope you like it and it helps!
The lipstick I’m going to be reviewing today is called French Rose and it is from the Moisture Rich collection by Faces Cosmetics. This was my first time trying this brand and I gotta tell ya, I’m glad I did!
I wasn’t able to swatch this before buying it because I bought it online on urbantouch.com (I’ll be doing a review about the site soon.) This colour just drew me in and before I knew it, I was hitting the “ORDER NOW” button. Price: Rs. 330. Not bad eh?
The packaging of the lipstick I find nice aesthetically but a bit bulky when using. It has a square lid and base and the base is transparent to show you the colour inside.
See, how pretty?!
This colour is a pinky orange with no shimmer, just crème like, just like I like it! The colour is very VERY pigmented! The first time I swatched it I was just like: O_o ,”OMG! This colour is way too bright and I’m never going to use it! With the bright hair and lips, I’mma look like a clown” *cries*
No flash (L) Flash (R)
But for some reason I just couldn’t give up on it, I loved it too much. (The images do no justice to the brightness of this colour, but bear with me)
I tried applying it directly on my lips…. FAIL!
imagine it 2 times brighter!
With gloss… Still no!
I'm not a gloss fan!
And then it struck me to use a brush and blot! WIN WIN WIN!!! I can wear the colour like that! *commences happy dance*
Blotted and reapplied lightly
And that was it! This colour would be treasured forever! Or at least till they stop making it anymore….
- Amaah-zing colour pay-off!
- Transparent base helps identify colour
- Very fashionable unique colour, most brands don’t have these for Indian markets.
- Great for medium-fair skin like mine if worn correctly.
- Lasts for 3-4 hours, transfers when eating etc
- Teeth may look yellow on some people
- Faces isn’t a brand I see very often in stores, so hard to find.
- Rest of the make up has to be seriously toned down, like in my case hair colour and eyeliner.. I love my eyeliner! :<
- Sets into fine lines but not noticeable
That’s it! I say this colour is perfect for girls who love the drama of orange! If this colour is not your cup of iced tea, get some of their other awesome shades, like First Lady, Fiery Orange (which is really pink -__-) or Neon Dahlia! All great colours! ^_^
Rating: 4/5 Will buy again!